Not many people see the relationship between a drought and a Christmas sponge cake. Read this article about a butter scarcity in Japan to find out what in the world I am talking about! :-)
Answer the following questions in the SAME post. Feel free to number your answers. It is always good to restate the question as well.
(Put your first name and last initial. You don't have to include an email or website address.
1. Do you have a particular food that you HAVE to have during a holiday? What is it and what makes it so special to you?
2. What food would you be most upset about missing if a shortage were to take place? Why?
Eating healthy is important for a variety of reasons. However, most students seem to gravitate to unhealthy options. Read the article Lunch Choices.
Click the comment button below. (When prompted, include your first name and last initial. Use your elginps.net login for an email address.)
1. What ideas do you agree/disagree with? Why?
2. What ideas do YOU have that could help students make healthier lunch choices?
I know our 6th grade class has more than a few horse lovers. When I came across this post, I knew some of you would find it fascinating. Read the article Horses Bring Love and Laughter to Hospital Patients.
Respond to THIS blog post to receive credit. (Click COMMENT and then put your first name and last initial. Use your elginps.net log-in as your email address)
1. Is it safe/sanitary to take horses into a hospital? Explain.
2. Are there other animals that might bring hospitalized patients comfort? Which animal(s) do you think would be best suited for this task? Be sure to include WHY you think what you think!
Silver & Gold
Each week an article will be posted. You can earn +5 Gold Points for every article response. You may make as many comments as you wish, but you can only earn up to 5 points per week.